Friday 8 June 2012

Competition to Plan an Elizabeth Sponge!

Following my final comment in the previous post, I'm still thinking about the Elizabeth sponge. Our best-known cake is probably the Victoria sponge, but maybe it's time to update now that the jubilee jamboree has been and gone.
by euphro via flickr.com

I've decided to run a competition for suggestions for the definitive Elizabeth sponge. Doesn't have to be a recipe, more the idea for a style and ingredients, preferably with reasons. The prize will be a £10 Waterstone's token, and the comp will close at the end of Monday 11th June 2012.

I want to judge this one myself, as the chosen idea may well come to life in my kitchen and have its photo in this blog. Absolutely anyone can enter.

Entries can be via twitter @JacquelinePye with the hashtag #E2Rsponge - or in the comments section below. 

I hope and expect some great entries!

2 comments:

  1. *head in hands* I don't cook cakes now the kids have left home. (And was pretty rubbish at it before.) Can help with the tasting ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jacqueline, I'm replying to a message that came by email - my cooking skills are truly shameful - much as I'd love to have a go, I wouldn't know where to begin without reaching for a recipe book. (sorry to let the womanly side down!)

      Delete